Tec 45 builds on the skills you learned in your Tec 40 course and qualifies divers to make extended no stop dives, and accelerated decompression dives to a maximum of 45m/145ft. Divers use air and any EANx mix and oxygen with a maximum of two gas mixtures. Double tank configurations are required, with side mounted doubles being acceptable.
What You Learn
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
|On Request||This course is offered on request. We need a minimum of 2 students to run this program.||$600||Register|
The Quick Facts
- PADI Tec Diver Manual
For this program, you will use basic tec diving equipment. Tec divers typically wear twin cylinders plus one or more additional ones under their arms, each with different gas blends. They usually have two or more completely, as well as other backups to regular dive gear. Gear is not included in this program. Make sure you discuss gear requirements with us when you sign up.
You must be:
- 18 years or older
- A mature, responsible person who will follow the required procedures and requirements strictly and faithfully
- Medically fit for tec diving (physician's signature required)
- Willing to accept the added risks that tec diving presents
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver and PADI Deep Diver
- PADI Tec 40
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet