What is neutral buoyancy? Scuba divers like to be neutrally buoyant so they neither sink nor float. It can be a tricky thing. Divers who've mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. You've seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a PADI Open Water Diver and elevates them to the next level.
What You Learn
- How to trim your scuba gear so you're perfectly balanced in the water
- Nuances in determining weight so you're not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
- How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
- How to hover effortlessly in both a vertical position and a horizontal position
The Fun Part
The fun part of this course is giving your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible.
|On Request||This course is offered on request. We need a minimum of 2 students to run this program.||$199||Register|
|Need a different schedule. Just ask - we will do our best to accomodate!|
The Quick Facts
- There is no required learning material for this course
- Use of basic scuba gear including wet suit and hood, BCD, regulator set, tanks and weights.
- Many of our students, especially in BC's winter months, choose to upgrade to a Drysuit Specialty for the ocean dives. If you are already certified as a Drysuit Diver, you can upgrade your gear package for a low rental fee.
Required Gear for this Course:
- Personal Gear Kit - including mask, snorkel, fins, gloves and boots. Rentals available.
- Advanced Gear Kit - including knife, whistle, surface marker, watch or dive computer. See our Advanced Kits for some great options!
- Open Water certification
- You must have recent (within the last six months) cold water dive experience to join this program. If not, join us for a Scuba Tune Up to meet this requirement!
Your Next Adventure
Once you have perfected your bouyancy, Digital Underwater Photography becomes easy!